Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back in the States

After 3.5 months in El Salvador, I'm back in the States for a 2.5 week whirlwind tour - Chattanooga, DC, Denver, and Moab.  Right now, I'm in the Atlanta airport waiting to catch the 30 minutes flight to Chattanooga.  Immigration and customs was incredibly efficient today - who would have guessed?  It is a little weird being back.  I said hola and gracias to the waitress as she gave me my sweet tea and bacon hamburger.  I also found myself "translating" some signs into English, even though they were already in English.  It's all very confusing, but, I think I'll get by.  I have to say, though, that it is amazing how connected we are these days.  For $10 I can get airport and hotel wireless for the month.  With that internet, I can make phone calls to land lines for free using Google Voice - I can even call Sophie in El Salvador.  Incredible.  I think tomorrow my parents and I are going to go kayaking on the Hiwassee River.  What a wonderful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment