Thursday, June 10, 2010

Working from Home

Working from home is going surprisingly well. It's a little quiet with no one here, of course. Yesterday I forgot to eat until 3pm in the afternoon. It's pretty easy for me to get absorbed in what I'm doing and just not think about getting up. It's pretty terrible, really. It's definitely nice working with a bunch of great people who I have gotten to be good friends with over the past year and a half.

One thing that sucks about working from home, though, is that you never leave work. I have this terrible habit of just getting into something and spending way more time on it than necessary because I get into it. In DC, at some point Sophie would call, wondering where I was and I'd head on out. However, here, work is 15' away. Kinda scary.

Last night we went to a pretty awesome restaurant in Zona Rosa. Ceviche and ceviche-ish fish sticks for appetizers, tuna for Sophie and some delicious fish for me. Our friends had ox tail - not sure if that was a good choice or not - I didn't try any. The place reminded me of dinners out in DC with Chu and Beth - the feeling that what you're eating is probably nicer than you should be eating. haha.

The weekend is almost upon us. We'll be hiking up the highest volcano in El Salvador on Saturday before heading to a party. On Sunday, we're planning on diving in Lake Ilopango again. Fun stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I know the feeling of missing meals. Being home all day, I also find my hygiene has dropped off a bit and I wear old clothes more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i miss dinners with you and chu! REUNION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have enjoyed your blog as I prepare for our diplomatic journey overseas! I saw that you were able to work from home, and I hope to continue my career overseas as well. This experience is giving me an opportunity to find my calling... but I am still figuring out how to do that. Would you mind giving me some advice about working a career into the trailing spouse lifestyle? Most of the people to whom I have reached out are women, so I would love your perspective as well! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WGCC9YG
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete