Sunday, June 6, 2010

Diving in a Crater Lake

Sophie and I signed up for an advanced open water class with one of the marines. Our first day of diving (and probably all of our days...) was in Lake Ilopango - a lake formed in the 5th century by a massive explosion. The lake is big and beautiful. We dove around an island in the lake, which was fun, but, not the greatest amount of marine diversity. Next time, I think we're going to go to a dive site that has some vents in it -- so, you can feel the hot water. Should be pretty awesome.

Much to my chagrin, I got thoroughly burned, even though I had put on sunscreen -- but only once. On the way back, the van we were in had it's transmission go out, so, we got lucky and hitched a ride with the divemaster back to our place.

Once we got back, we sat by our pool and read before heading to the embassy luau party. Rough day in San Salvador!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment